Thursday, May 13, 2010

Last Friday in Indy and Bloomington

A week ago we all hopped in my Aunt's minivan and drove down to Indianapolis for my brother Tyler's graduation. We stayed at my cousin Michelle's house on the south side of Indy and went into Bloomington on Friday. My plan was to stay at Michelle's house on Friday with the girls because of naps and Shell doesn't work on Fridays. Then the rest of the family was planning on heading down to the graduation festivities in Bloomington and being back in Indy in the early afternoon. That was the plan, until we got a call that my brother's car - which they drove down to Bloomington - wouldn't start. The starter was out and the part they needed wouldn't be in until Wednesday. They checked into car rental, but because of graduation weekend, there were no cars available. So...the girls, Michelle and I had to load up in the minivan and drive down to pick them up. It worked out though because we got to have dinner at Yogi's, which was one of my favorite places to eat when I was at school at IU. And we all had a laugh at my dad's expense during dinner because he doesn't handle stress well and made some humorous remarks during the height of the car-won't-start situation.We hung out at Tyler's appartment for awhile before dinner.And no one seems to care where we are or what we are doing as long as these two girls are there.
Congrats on graduating from the Kelley School of Business's MBA program at IU, Ty! Welcome (soon) to the real world!

1 comment:

  1. Had a great time,despite the car problem. It was a nice reason for us all to be together, Tyler's graduation, We are a blessed family!!

    ReplyDelete