Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Knitting

I love to knit. My last 5 years have been spent knitting a bunch of stuff, having a baby, taking about a 6-9 month hiatus and then diving back in and knitting some more. I have mostly done baby things because (since they are small) they are quick and (since they are small) cheaper to make. I have recently taken pictures of some of the things I have made for the girls that aren't clothing. I have a whole slew of sweaters that I need to take pictures of to show you all and I just finished the cutest little pair of pants for Boothe. I'll get on it right away.

Later today I'll post the progress of the project I'm currently finishing up.

This is one of the many baby booties I have made. Most are outgrown and in a storage bin in the attic. I'll pull them out and show you all. I love to make booties. They are just precious. They don't stay on a baby's feet, but what does?Here is a doll that I made for Magnolia when Boothe was born. I love love love it, but the face gives me nightmares. Please look away if you find the face as frightening as I do. Magnolia doesn't seem to mind, so don't let on how wrong that face is.
A baby blanket, obviously. The close-up is just to show the pattern better.







Toy blocks/balls. They work up great with left over yarn from other projects. And they are so soft and perfect for throwing, which is the favorite thing to do with pretty much anything when you are 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment