Thursday, June 3, 2010

Just a usual Thursday

So today began at 5 am when Boothe woke up for the day. The girl doesn't sleep. Nevertheless the day started out well.

The 4 of us went out to the garden and picked the first 3 sugar snap peas of the year! Woo-hoo! Ate them right off the vine and they were delicious. There are about a dozen more peas almost ready, but only 3 looked big enough to pick.

We weren't planning on doing anything or going anywhere but after Boothe only napped for 20 minutes or so this morning I thought we needed to get out of the house. I got online and found 2 garage sales that looked interesting. So we went.

Got to the first one and it was really cool. I was seeing all kinds of great stuff, but with only 1 hand and the ability to focus on the items so much, I was just going to settle for a few things and leave. That's when Magnolia had to go poopy. This usually happens while we are out at garage sales. The last time I ended up with a bag of poop next to my bags of purchases. Anyway, this sale was on South Michigan Street so we were only about 5 minutes away from my parent's house. We got there in time for Magnolia to use the bathroom and I left them there for about an hour while I went back to the garage sale and checked out the other one.

We got home just in time for naps and Magnolia slept for almost 3 hours. Yes! This is the kind of child that gives you a break once in awhile. Boothe on the other hand does not. Her nap lasted about 30 minutes. I got her back to sleep, but she woke up when I tried to lay her down and it was all over. So downstairs we went.

I saw our dog Daisy out the window intensely watching the new and improved pine cone bird feeder we made and hung in a place that no squirrel could possibly reach. Boothe and I peeked out the window in the back door and sure enough there was a squirrel eating away about 4 feet from us. I really thought this time it was squirrel proof. I have plans for the next one and next time we mean business.

Then Boothe and I got the laundry out of the washing machine and took it outside to hang on the line. Magnolia was still asleep so I left the back door cracked in case she came downstairs. She would be able to get to us. Boothe was playing in the playhouse and I was finishing up with the laundry when I looked at the back door and saw a bird inside our house! It was up against the window trying to get out. Oh dear. I had this vision of me opening the door and the bird attacking my face. Luckily this didn't happen. I ran up to the door and pushed it open and ducked. The bird flew away.

Nothing much else happened today. Dan works at the office late on Thursdays so I don't have to cook dinner. The girls and I ate leftover pizza on a towel in the driveway. Took baths. Cleaned up outside. Helped a guy parked right in front of our house unlock his car which contained his keys. I just gave him a wire hanger and the telephone number for a locksmith, but that was all we could really do anyways. Now Boothe is in bed and Magnolia is winding down with a movie in my bed.

We leave tomorrow for Indianapolis. Magnolia and I are in the wedding of a dear friend from high school. I hope to get a quick post in in the morning before we leave town.

And last but not least, these pictures have nothing to do with the post. They really don't have anything to do with anything anyways. Magnolia just likes to play with water in the sink. That's all. And the last picture is just sweet.


  1. I love your blog, when the girls get big enough to read it they will appreciate all the work and fun you guys had!! I love the last picture of Magnolia..Gorgeous, the second one is hilarious:)

  2. Oh my goodness how adorable love it!!!

  3. I love the second pic. My kind of girl. I can't wait to see the pics after your session with Jen. Please post!!!!

  4. What a hoot Magnolia can be even when she isn't trying!! Looking forward to spending next weekend making memories!!! Gramma Kath