Monday, June 14, 2010

Garage sale finds {round 3}

I got this old Campbell's Soup cookbook for $1 and it's great. Lots of good ideas, especially for lunches, which I need a lot of help with. Also, this book tells me that "soup enhances mealtime pleasure today as it has since the beginning of time." Wow, that's a powerful statement. Were you aware of this? ha











I found these two hand embroidered pillowcases for $5. I needed some shams to go along with the white duvet I got for our bed.








A friend and I went to a garage sale that was a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society. Although I knit wash rags myself, you can never have too many, so I got a couple.
This vintage 1950s sweater was only $4 and in perfect shape. I thought it was beautiful to wear to church or any dressy occasion.50 cents, still in the box, why not...Love this purse. Cute and only $5.This plate was only $1 and it's perfect for serving food to guests. Isn't it lovely?This jar has since been cleaned up and only cost me $1. I plan on using it to store some of the girls' art supplies...crayons, markers, stamps, something like that.Hand embroidered linens. Love them and can't get enough of them. Only $1.Vintage scarves. $1 each.Old yard sticks from stores around South Bend. I am planning on making a growth chart for the girls out of them. I haven't ironed out exactly how yet, but I think it would be really cool. $1 each.Vintage dress coat and bonnett for the girls. It's so cute on Magnolia. $8. Not what I would consider a steal, but for a one-of-a-kind winter coat and hat it is worth it.A little 3 legged stool. This was Magnolia's find. She was with me at this garage sale and sat on it almost the whole time.Summer dress for Boothe. 33 cents, yes, 33 cents.9 Disney movies. Some were $2, some $2.50.Headbands for Magnolia. I don't think they had ever been worn. They fit her perfectly.Tinker toys. Couldn't pass up some tinker toys for $3.A $3 walking/pushing toy for Boothe. No bells and whistles on this one which makes me love it even more. This kid is so close to walking on her own. She pushes this all over the driveway.A $3 swing to replace the one that came with our playset. The straps had been cut for some reason on the old baby swing.Pool rings for 25 cents.

We went to a couple of garage sales in Ohio last weekend and I found some great things. I can't wait to share more! I am also planning on having a garage sale of my own later this summer. It's a lot of work, but so worth the couple hundred dollars I usually make.

1 comment:

  1. Wow I didn't realize you got all this!! You find the best stuff!!

    ReplyDelete