Saturday, July 21, 2012

July 4, 2012

 Like every year, we spent Independence Day at my cousin Sandy's house for a cook out and pool party.  This year was extra special because we had several out of state relatives that made the trip to Indiana for the holiday.  I love raising my kids to experience family the same way that I did growing up.  Although the get togethers don't happen as often as they used to when my grandparents were alive, we all still designate The 4th and Thanksgiving as big Risner days.

Magnolia got to show off some of her newly learned swimming skills.  Boothe got to be her fearless little self and scare her mama.  And Henry enjoyed bobbing in the pool for a bit since the water was so nice and warm.




 The girls with Sydney.  Even though they only see each other twice a year, they are buddies.  Magnolia always says that she wishes Sydney lived right across the street so we could see her all of the time.  I agree....Jason...
 I learned how to pick a sweet watermelon at the market.  Did you know there are male and female watermelons?  You want to buy the female one because of course they are sweeter.  If you look at the end of a watermelon that wasn't attached to the vine, you will notice a circle.  The smaller the circle, the sweeter the melon.  We tested and proved the theory.





No comments:

Post a Comment