Monday, October 11, 2010

Fall Leaf Hunt

The girls and I took a walk around the block the other day to find pretty leaves. We carried a bag and the girls each chose whichever leaves caught their attention and added them to the bag. Boothe also threw in some grass and sticks...she's wild like that. As we walked we talked about the different colors we were seeing and noticed the different shapes of the leaves that fell from different trees. I wish I knew the kinds of trees that matched those leaves like I did in 3rd grade.

When we got home, we dumped the bag and the girls played with and scattered the leaves. Maybe when they are older we will use the leaves to make a craft project or a pencil rubbing of the leaves onto paper. For now just dumping the bag was enough fun.We have some trees around our house whose colors are just surreal. This photo is straight out of the camera. It came out looking like a painting. Not sure what I did, but I'm sure I'd never be able to replicate it if I tried.Magnolia and I counted 8 colors on this one tree alone (including the sky and clouds behind the tree)!
Oh, the vibrancy of the colors in nature! I just love this time of year. Especially when we have 75 degree days and trees boasting 8 colors!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures Jenica! You really take amazing pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try to do some leaf rubbings..we did some with our two year olds. It was fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fact that Boothe collected sticks and grass. She marches to her own drummer!

    ReplyDelete