Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Decorating Pumpkin Cookies

So after I uploaded about 25 pictures from Magnolia's birthday party individually something happened with Blogger and none of the pictures were posted to the blog.  Arrrgggg!  I couldn't bring myself to do it all over again so for tonight you'll have to settle for a post with less pictures.

The night before the big birthday party (on Magnolia's actual birthday) we made pumpkin cut-out cookies, iced them and let Magnolia decorate them.  I think she did a fine job!

After the cookies had cooled, I dyed some icing orange (or at least as orange as I could make it) and spread it on the cookies.  Then I placed them in a cake pan and let Magnolia do all of the decorating.  This made clean up really easy as the pan caught all of the sprinkles and candies that didn't quite make it on the cookies.

Then of course we all got to eat one after they were "beautiful" (as Magnolia described them).  She told Boothe she wanted to give her a beautiful one to eat.


1 comment: