Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Homemade Chocolate Sauce

In my quest to make more things from scratch in the kitchen, I have mastered the chocolate sauce.  This makes for wonderful chocolate milk and we drizzle it over ice cream too.  It takes only about 5-10 minutes to make and lasts a few months.


You will need 1 cup water, 1/2 cup cocoa, 1 cup sugar, 1/4 t. vanilla and 1/8 t. salt.  Mix all ingredients except for the vanilla in a sauce pan.  Bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes.  Remove from heat and add vanilla.  Once it cools down it thickens up to the consistency of Hershey's syrup.
That's it.  I keep mine in a bottle with an attached plug but any jar would work.  I also like to label my bottle with not only what's inside but the recipe too.  This way when I run out and need to make another batch, I don't have to dig around for the recipe, it's right there on the bottle.

1 comment:

  1. Love it yum! You are an inspiration to me in the kitchen. Can you share the Amish Farmer info? Would love to get that set up before school starts...

    PS- I think you should movecto our street :) There is a great house (needs work but has great potential)on the corner up from us, I believe it was a Foreclosure but not sure, anyhow, it has been for sale forever...bet you could get it for a song! :)

    ReplyDelete