Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Minnesota Trip

So I had been planning on a trip up to Minnesota to visit a friend who had moved there a couple years ago.  It was just going to be me and the kids on a 9 hour drive. Then about 9pm the night before we left, my dad called and said he wanted to ride up with us.  His brother lives about 30 minutes from my friend and he was just going to visit with him for the couple days we were there.  I think he enjoyed taking a few days off from work too!

We spent a Tuesday driving up, Wednesday and Thursday visiting while the kids played, and the day Friday driving home.  We picked a hot week to visit with the temperatures in the 90s, but luckily my uncle has a nice pool and we spend most of the day Wednesday at his house. That was a nice day, relaxing and good catching up with my uncle and aunt.  How convenient that my friend, Erin, lives so close to them!

On Thursday Erin, the kids, and I went to an indoor maze for the kids to play in.  Wow, it was huge!  Imagine Chick Fil A play area times 20!  It kept them busy for a couple hours and then we headed back to her house and the kids played in the sprinkler while dinner cooked.

We didn't have any definite plans for the trip.  It was just nice to get together, let the kids play, and catch up. Erin also got a little bit of a taste of what having a boy is like.  I had to warn her before we got there that Henry is a force of destruction.  I think by the time we left in Friday, she would agree!

Thanks Fred and Mary for having us over for the day to swim.  And thanks so much, Erin, for your gracious hospitality during our whole visit!  Wish we lived closer!










1 comment:

  1. Looks like it was fun! I know Boppy enjoyed himself, until the tooth incident:)

    ReplyDelete