Monday, January 28, 2013

A Little Love

We don't do much for Valentines Day, but it's fun to fill the candy dish with Conversation Hearts and decorate the house a little with some red and some pink and some lovey-dovey things. Here is a peek at some ways I've added a little love around the house.

The LOVE letters below are $2.50 Hobby Lobby cardboard letters that I wrapped in yarn. This project although pretty easy was much more time consuming than I had thought. There is a little planning involved as you are wrapping and needing to cover the end caps. I added a squirt of hot glue to the corners to keep the yarn from slipping off and glued down a couple of the ends to keep from having to wrap both ways. I like how it turned out though and now that its done, I'll be able to store it for next year and use it again.

The Valentines card banner was quickly thrown together using a length of pink and white bakers twine, some clothes pins, and 100 year old Valentines cards that were my grandpa Hamacher's when he was a child. I didn't want to use tape or glue or make any holes in the old cards so the clothes pins were the perfect solution.

Lastly, I printed out on card stock a couple of free printables I searched for and found on the web. I don't even know where I found these since they were free and as soon as I found ones I ken I immediately saved to my computer and didn't have any need to link back to the site when I found them. Being home all day most days with the kids makes my want to change things up a bit and holidays is the perfect excuse to do that!











1 comment: