Monday, November 15, 2010

Same Kind of Different As Me

Where have I been!?!?  Several evening activities have taken up my time lately and the blog has fallen to the wayside as a result.  One of those evenings out was to hear the author of Same Kind of Different As Me, Ron Hall.  It was wonderful!

I had read the book awhile back and really enjoyed the story Ron and Denver shared of their unlikely friendship.  Then one evening while visiting with Dan's parents at their home, I saw the book laying on the counter and asked who was reading the book.  Mary said that the author was coming to speak at the Faithful Lives annual fundraiser dinner in November.  I told her I had read the book and loved it and she invited Dan and I to go with them.

Ron Hall gave a wonderful talk about faith and love and kindness.  If you have the chance to hear him, I would definitely recommend it.  Or just read his book and be inspired! Check out their website to learn more about their story.

image from Amazon.com


No comments:

Post a Comment